About Me

My photo
Born 1969 England. Arrived in Australia 1972. Single. No children. Partially disabled from severe osteoporosis, pituitary gland tumor (benign), myopathy and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome (hypermobile in every joint). 18 yrs caring for my quadriplegic cerebral palsy friend, Rob. Ceramic artist www.sam-davies.blogspot.com

Monday, April 8, 2013

 
SPEED READING
 

Reading one of 'The Game of Thrones' novels while waiting in an orthopaedic surgeon's office.


More reading of 'The Game of Thrones' after being plasted with a paste of Bi Carb for a major psoriasis out-break. I managed to read five of the seven books in ten days then I bombed out!! I can generally read a 500 page novel in a day. Then suffer major literary indigestion and do no reading for some weeks or months.
 
I am so bored!!! Not to mention depressed. I want to get out and live. Not sit here day after day reading and playing on my iPad. And waiting for my next comfort eating fix and painful groin clean up. Not only have Sam and I missed our first New South Wales summer out-doors, we also missed the Sydney Easter Show that we were looking so forward to along with numerous other activities we had planned.
 
I've now been back permanently in my electric wheelchair since the 14th of March. I am not looking forward to being in bed again in hospital soon for a minor tendon release for my hips. I can not see it making much of an impact on my legs let alone my life. Then I suppose I will be asked to undergo weeks of painful physiotherapy which I find unbearable at the best of times. Tendon release might make it easier for people to clean me while my life continues to be an existance. LET ME OUT OF HERE!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment