About Me

My photo
Born 1969 England. Arrived in Australia 1972. Single. No children. Partially disabled from severe osteoporosis, pituitary gland tumor (benign), myopathy and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome (hypermobile in every joint). 18 yrs caring for my quadriplegic cerebral palsy friend, Rob. Ceramic artist www.sam-davies.blogspot.com

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

PUBLIC HEALTH SYSTEM'S ROAD TO HELL


2:58

Round and round I endlessly go,
Forever chasing my tail.
All the roads long traveled on,
Only seem to lead to some sort of hell.

Hi, Sam here. I'd like to write a lot more after Robbie's video just taken of him. But I am too tired this evening. My head is spinning and literally hurts like I'm in a vice. But I suppose Robbie and I are in an inescapable vice; caught between a rock and a hard place. So I'll be brief.

The System offered to ship Robbie into inappropriate care facilities where distance and my health will prevent me visiting him. Institutionalized for several months till he has a surgery that we all know will make little difference to his mobility and pain. During that time most of his pension will go to a care facility apparently. Someone said it won't. Then I become homeless.

Like Robbie keeps reminding me, I am stupid to think anything will change as nothing has in 19 years unless it was for the worse. A few thousand dollars would have fixed up most of our problems. But instead the government has spent needlessly over two million dollars of tax payers' money on us and chooses to continue to do so. $40,000 was all that was needed. Misery and suffering is a multi-million dollar spinner. And if one little fish gets away the others might hear about it.

And because I refuse to commit my friend to an institution permanently I can rot in the bed I made for myself, apparently.


No comments:

Post a Comment