About Me

My photo
Born 1969 England. Arrived in Australia 1972. Single. No children. Partially disabled from severe osteoporosis, pituitary gland tumor (benign), myopathy and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome (hypermobile in every joint). 18 yrs caring for my quadriplegic cerebral palsy friend, Rob. Ceramic artist www.sam-davies.blogspot.com

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

MY FIRST BIRTHDAY AT AGE 40

 
This is my first recognised birthday at home on the 19th March, 2013. Sam doesn't generally do birthdays. He's softened a bit and now recognises 5th, 10th, 13th, 20th, 30th, the big 40, and every ten years after. So I had better make the most of it!!
 

 
Pictures of the presents and food lay-out. First one with the lights on; the second in the dark. Strawberry mouse cake; mocha cake; warm hazelnut chocolate flavoured milk and - my favorite - sticky chocolate date pudding. Love the tealights.

 
Time to open one of the presents.

 
My second favorite super hero, Batman, on a pair of jocks. Hopefully will be able to start wearing clothes once I have a couple of operations on my legs soon.


Batman towel over-laid with another pair of Batman jocks (left) and a pair of Batman pyjama pants (right). I really, really look forward to wearing clothes.

 
Ah, my number one favorite super hero, WONDER WOMAN!! Sam could only find her in the men's underwear section.


Batman short pyjama pants
 

 
This birthday made me feel like The Hero's pants.

 
A sweet feast for a sweet fool. Sticky chocolate date pudding with vanilla ice-cream.

 
A colorful collection. Some of which will be going on the walls as hangings, such as the towel and any underwear that doesn't fit. Sam purposely bought the clothes either to wear or to hang in my room.

 
And he's planned for the 3D cards to hang above my bed when I eventually can sleep comfortably in a bed. I shall wake every morning with the bright sun smiling at me no matter the weather outside.


No comments:

Post a Comment