About Me

My photo
Born 1969 England. Arrived in Australia 1972. Single. No children. Partially disabled from severe osteoporosis, pituitary gland tumor (benign), myopathy and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome (hypermobile in every joint). 18 yrs caring for my quadriplegic cerebral palsy friend, Rob. Ceramic artist www.sam-davies.blogspot.com

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

MOST IMPORTANT DAY OF MY LIFE
Tomorrow, the 14th of March, 2013, will be the most important day of my life. After persisting for several months Sam managed to secure an appointment with one of the world's
leading orthopaedic surgeons. What he decides or suggests regarding any possible removal of my useless and burdensome legs will define the rest of my life.
I am determined but not confident. I am quite literally sick with fear. As I lay in this bed I am terrified that I will be condemned to a life of fatal, bed ridden misery.

My joy will be beyond words if Dr M can help me and release me from a life-time of mind numbing horror of these legs that have robbed me of mobility, peace of mind, intimacy and love.

Robbie.



On the verge of hysterics I've been playing with my IPad every waking hour. Trying not to remember the words of a doctor some months ago: "You, will not find any surgeon willing to help you".



No comments:

Post a Comment