About Me

My photo
Born 1969 England. Arrived in Australia 1972. Single. No children. Partially disabled from severe osteoporosis, pituitary gland tumor (benign), myopathy and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome (hypermobile in every joint). 18 yrs caring for my quadriplegic cerebral palsy friend, Rob. Ceramic artist www.sam-davies.blogspot.com

Saturday, February 2, 2013


Returning home. 29-01-2013



Thanks, guys.




Laying on my home hospital bed on my left side playing with IPad keeping myself sane. Sam's spent four days by my side making sure I stay in position so I am in no pain and don't have to take all those blasted powerful, toxic pain killers. It's all about positioning. The nurses tried their hardest to position me correctly but it just didn't work. I have to be at a 90 degree angle on my left side. If I start to recline on my back the pain is unbearable as the ball and socket start to rub and my groin tendons start to pull. Taking 10mg of Baclofen only when my legs start twitching (restless legs) and/or the clonis kicks in. Clonis is the uncontrollable vibrating of my legs. When clonis hits me I can not sleep and my legs come off pillows between my legs that prevent pain by spreading my hips wide to help reduce rubbing of the ball and socket. When the clonis becomes too prolonged or intense I have my legs secured to my leg pillows with a soft long pair of cotton socks as a strap. Something that is not allowed in hospitals no matter how much I asked.

Thanks for visiting and sharing my journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment