About Me

My photo
Born 1969 England. Arrived in Australia 1972. Single. No children. Partially disabled from severe osteoporosis, pituitary gland tumor (benign), myopathy and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome (hypermobile in every joint). 18 yrs caring for my quadriplegic cerebral palsy friend, Rob. Ceramic artist www.sam-davies.blogspot.com

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

ANOTHER DAY
 
 
Today I had the joy of another day on my left side confined to bed. Did not wish to sit in manual wheelchair as that was rather painful and a relative waste of time since there was so much effort required to get me in the manual for such a short period of time.

So today I had the joy - not - of having my face smothered with Sorbolene cream, as seen above, as I've another outbreak of psoriasis as Sam had not applied a saturated solution of bicarbonate of soda on my face for several days. The cream softens the hard flakes so less painful when cleaned...and less blood.

 
And a shave.

And...oh, joy of joys, I've a mild ear infection in my right ear now that I've had to spend so much time laying on my left side. It's been years since I've had an ear infection!! But a few days of witchhazel will keep it under control till I can sit in my electric wheelchair again. And today was told my electric wheelchair just might be back from repairs sometime this week. But I wont hold my breath till it's here as sometimes (actually quite frequently) the poor wheelchair technicians have to deal with the unexpected coming up.

Had another painful massage of my groin tendons to try and keep me as loose as positible and make the best of a bad situation. While cleaning me today (with the assistance of a temporary paid carer who will come around four times a week for an hour to help Sam do battle with my legs) I ended up with the giggles as I exchanged jokes to help cope with the trauma and pain. Nothing like a good laugh (below).
 



No comments:

Post a Comment