About Me

My photo
Born 1969 England. Arrived in Australia 1972. Single. No children. Partially disabled from severe osteoporosis, pituitary gland tumor (benign), myopathy and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome (hypermobile in every joint). 18 yrs caring for my quadriplegic cerebral palsy friend, Rob. Ceramic artist www.sam-davies.blogspot.com

Friday, January 18, 2013

Hospital Visit


Ah, this is me lying in a hospital bed since the 7th of January, 2013. I'm adjusting my radio that is clipped to my hospital tags. Taken yesterday. In case anyone's wondering about the noise in the background it's one of my fellow inmates with whom I share a room along with two others. She has dementia, poor lass. But the nurses are taking very good care of her. 
Sam adapted an ear bud from the radio by attaching it to a hair tie that is then placed over my right ear. Without this the earbud falls out easily. I wasn't allowed to listen without it before as it disturbed the other patients. Now I can plug in the earbud and drown out most noises without disturbing anyone. Can only wear the one bud as the other would dig in as I lay on my left ear since I'm mostly confined to spending all my time on my left side. Can only tolerate being on my right side for about an hour as hip pain from my ball and socket rubbing together is unbearable. On heavy pain killers again. I am leading such an exciting and fulfilling life.




Sam cheered me up a little by showing his latest find at our local markets.

And here's a beautiful bouquet ordered by a close friend, Di, from the Northern Territory. Thank you.


No comments:

Post a Comment